Friday, February 26, 2010

Spring Will Come

I love winter!! But with a 13 month old it is hard to get out and enjoy it. I am looking forward to spring and nature walks and seeing birds other than the ones outside my window. One of my favorite birding locations is Presque Isle Erie. It takes me over 2 hours to get there but what a nice day trip it makes. The bike trail there follows the edge of the isle to the tip and back. Along the way you are taken near the edge of the lake, along smaller ponds and marshes and through wooded areas. The diversity of the environment along the trail makes for some awesome birding. Typically I like to walk the trail and not only have I seen water species but others such as orioles and pine siskins. I can't wait for the chance to go, if only it would stop snowing :(

No comments:

Post a Comment